We made it! We arrived in West Virginia after a very uneventful 3 and half hour car ride. All three children fell asleep for 75% of the journey. I took in the scenic views all by myself and experienced a short rain shower along the way. With "my" music at a perfect pitch, I sang my way to West Virginia as my sleeping babes rested peacefully.
Last night we check into the hotel and then off we went to a local theater to see "Jurassic World." It was predictable and scary at times, but very reminiscent of the original movie with one interesting twist. The kids really enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching them revel in it.
We ended the low key start to the road trip with a little dinner at Chili's....and of course, the Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. Just the first of many wonderful moments. And as I am thinking about it, one of the most amazing parts about this road trip occurs in between destinations. The little jokes that evolve out of nothing and make us all break out in laughter. Memories. I love making them!
Today, we are off to Horvatter's Wildlife Zoo. Stay tuned....

No comments:
Post a Comment