Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day #5 (June 16, 2015) - Kentucky Splash Down!

As a single mother of three kids, I appreciate the little accommodations that can be found along the way. After 5 days, the laundry mounts and the available cash dewindles. As fortune would have it, there was a place in Kentucky that washed all of our dirty clothes, a full trash bag full, folded and everything for $7. Total... $7. Talk about heaven! Then when we arrived at Splash Lagoon Water Park, they were having a buy one get one free day, so instead of $127, it was only $64! Serendipity!  I love this day!

Audrey was in her element today!  She loves the water. The slides, the wave pool,  the lily pads, and the lazy river. All three kids had a blast. Always together. Always mindful of one another. I am "almost" nonexistent. I guess that's a good thing. I find myself a quiet observer watching my children become beautiful, sensitive, thoughtful adults.  I have never been so relaxed in a wave pool. I watched other moms with their nervous faces watching over their very young children. I remember those days. So nervous to let them out of my sight. Now...just a distant memory.

After a little Dippin' Dots, and we are back on the road....headed to a Treehouse in Helen, Georgia. Stay tuned.... 
Just a little down time fun before the next leg of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment