Friday, June 19, 2015

Day #7 (June 18, 2015) - Charleston, South Caroline - The Wild Dunes

The final leg of our road trip took us to sunny South Carolina. We stopped into Charleston last night for a quick ice cream and off we went to our beach hotel at the Wild Dunes Resort. We got to the hotel around 9pm and went out to the beach, just to take a quick glimpse. We could hear the guitar playing lounge singer from the boardwalk and smell the fresh breeze in the night air. It was heaven.

On day seven we woke early and went to the beach for a few short hours. I sat under the shade of an umbrella as I watched my three amazing, all-grown-up children play in the water. No more sand castles, no more nagging me to do beach
activities, no more "come with me into the water," I just sat back and watched them enjoy the waves and each other. It was amazing. I breathed in the air and exhaled happiness.

After a few short hours, the kids went for a swim in the hotel pool, and then by 12pm (check out time), we had showered, packed up, and were ready to hit the road for the FINAL leg of the journey...Richmond, Virginia and Kings Dominion. Though it was NOT MEANT TO BE...Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment